Thursday, June 10, 2010

Zero #7

Day 0 - 6/10/10
Slept in until 9 again, and went downstairs to find another pot of coffee there for me. Didn't drink as much this time around though. Evelyn had yard stuff she did for a lot of the morning and afternoon, so I had some time to use her computer and load all the pictures I've taken up to this point onto the blog. It always takes a long time to do, mostly because I'm always using a different computer that I'm not used to, so I was doing it for several hours. But now they're all there, in the second album, so please go and check them out. Not sure if some of you know this or not, but you don't have to sit and wait watching the tiny slide-show. Just click on it and it will bring you to the album those pictures are in, and it'll be much bigger.

While on the computer I also had time to catch up with Big C through facebook chatting, and it was cool to hear about his grad party he had. Hopefully when I'm in New England we can get together, which is another thing we talked about. I also had a chance to call up Davin and talk with him. He'll be able to meet up pretty soon to do a little hiking, so we're trying to plan the logistics of that. Then I called my Dad and got to talk with him, which was really nice because it's been hard to work around my hiking schedule, being in an area where I actually have service, and getting that on one of his days off.

After all that I took a shower, and then packed up my bag to be ready for tomorrow. Evelyn will be bringing me back to the trail early, around 8, so I wanted to have it all set. Dinnertime came soon after, and we had BBQ chicken that John cooked, a nice salad, and an apple salad thing that was amazing. Evelyn did a great job, and everything was superb. I had three helpings of each, but I think Andrew might have eaten even more than me. Must still be growing. Then I had one of the last pieces of cake and ice cream. Very full after all that.

It's about 8:30 now, so I'm just waiting for the Celtic's game to get started. They really need to take this one if they want to stand a chance. Not sure if I'll be watching the whole game, kind of want to try and get to bed at a decent time so I'm not too tired tomorrow. But who knows, also depends on how the game goes.

And to Judy, I didn't know I would like seaweed, and if you had asked me six months ago to try it I probably wouldn't. But I'm starting to be a little more adventurous with food, and doing so made me realize I actually do like the stuff. So maybe if we work out another mail drop you can send some along. But Jen was right in telling you not to send it, because at the time I would have said the same.

Side note: I started my trip exactly two months ago today, although with seven zeroes I have yet to do two whole months of actual hiking days. Time seems to be moving very fast, I almost can't believe I'll be at the halfway mark soon.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dan, What a great two zeros you had with Evelyn and her family. Those delectable meals they made for you must have been so welcomed after eating on the trail for so long. After describing how much food you ingested, it was hard to believe Andrew outdid you. Those mail drops with all the goodies from Judy will enhance your future meals along the trail. Natalie was interested to learn the secret of Evelyn's chocolate cake--adding a cup of coffee. I'm sure she'll try it sometime.
    Stay well, Dan. You're doing fine, approaching the halfway mark. Love, John and Natalie

    ReplyDelete