Monday, April 12, 2010

Very tired.

----------------------
Day 2 - 4/11/10
I don't think I'll sleep in shelters very often. It was a big mistake.
The reason: snoring. There were at least 2 people snoring, and add to
that an uncomfortable hardwood floor and you get not much sleep. I
woke up very tired, but got a good start on the day, leaving before
8:30.

It was another great day. Made it to gooch. It was tough though. My
feet are starting to get blisters and hurt more. But it's all part of
the process. I'm trying to take care of them with moleskins and duct
tape.

As far as the hike went today, there were lots of ups and downs, but I
got through it. I think today was harder because I was so tired. I set
up my tent here in the hopes that I can get a better sleep. But
there's a lot of others camping out too, plus a packed shelter. I'd
say there's upwards of 20 here tonight.

Tomorrow I'm aiming for Blood mountain shelter. It'll be my first mt
over 4000 ft. It's 13.2 miles from gooch which would bring my total to
28.3. It'll be another big push but Im banking on my body being
stronger. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Duct tape fixes everything! That and zip ties! Good luck dan!

    ReplyDelete